Saturday 19 March 2011

CHNC challenge 12: seasonal silver

Thank you to everyone who took part in 'go for gold' - you certainly went for it, with gorgeous cards. It's good to see some 'regulars' returning every week - thank you for your support - you are now beginning to build up quite a collection of Christmas cards. It's never too early (or too late) to start making Christmas cards, so, if you haven't yet joined in, why not do so this week? You know it makes sense.

I thought we would continue the metallic theme and use silver this week, so for challenge 12 I would like you to use silver in some way on your card - it can be a lot or a little - foiling, heat embossing, silver pen - whatever you like, as long as there is silver somewhere on your Christmas card.

This is my card - I've gone overboard with the silver:

Although there is more glare on the next picture because of the flash photo, it gives a better idea of the silver:

If I can get a better picture in daylight then I'll replace it.

You can see more details of my card on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here, including my links to other Christmas challenge blogs (I used the sketch from this week's Jingle Belles, and am entering the card into Christmas stamping all year long: I can see right through that! - using vellum, Bah! humbug 11: metallics and Winter wonderland: embossing (heat embossing on the circular stamp).

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 25 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

Remember, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to use some silver.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 26 March.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added. (Sorry there was a blip with linky for last week's challenge - hope it doesn't happen again).

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.



9 comments:

  1. Great challenge Hazel! Love the silver on your card, so so shiny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE your beautiful card!!!

    **you did not go overboard at all** IMHO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad our challenges coincided - your siver card is gorgeous. I have a silver one half done so will hopefully get it finished and enter your challenge.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humubug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay in linking Hazel, I was on the phone and got sidetracked!
    Val x
    Love your card by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Is it possible to go overboard? I think NOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just linked in! :) Thanks for another fun challenge!! SO EXCITED to have Christmas cards in my stash!! :) WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just managed to link in on time - loved this challenge and I'm actually pleased with this card this week. I've now got a dozen cards ready for Christmas - brilliant. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've finally got round to this one and you can see it on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments