Saturday 12 March 2011

CHNC challenge 11: go for gold

Before I get on to today's new challenge, I want to thank everyone for their fab cards for last week's embossing challenge - there were a record number of entries: 61!

Unfortunately, there can only be one random winner, I used random.org and the result is:

Number 41: Janet van Rossen

This was Janet's lovely card:


Please email me with your name and full address and I'll get the embossing folder and snowman stamp into the post.

For challenge 11 I would like you to 'go for gold' - use gold in some way on your card - it can be a lot or a little - foiling, heat embossing, gold pen - whatever you like, as long as there is gold somewhere on your Christmas card.

Here is my card, which is based on Sparkle creations Christmas 2011 week 14 sketch and it's also being entered into ABC Christmas challenge: E for embossing and embellishments, and Fab's big Christmas March challenge to use a picture.

You can see more details of my card on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.


I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 18 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

Remember, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to use some gold.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 19 March.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.



9 comments:

  1. love that vintage picture....I might just have to copy that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Janet!!! beautiful card :)

    Hazel i love your vintage card :)hope to find time to play this week (mom is in the hospital) or will play catch up next week :)don't want to miss a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning! I'm going into my favorites folder and look for a vintage photo to use. Just wanted to say I really enjoy your card challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the vintage image on your card hazel and fab embossing too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog and for letting me know about your Christmas challenge too - hope you like my card!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Janet - enjoy your goodies! Lovely sample Hazel, thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely card. thank you for another challenge. Congratulations to the winner.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  8. tried to add image at 2130 - got 'closed' message - thought it was open til 2200?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel, As usual coming in at the last minute- well almost. Don't know how I do it every week, you'd think 7 days would be long enough :( Love your card and last week's winner is a beaut. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments