Saturday 5 March 2011

CHNC challenge 10: embossing - with a prize

Wow! how this year is going so quickly - March already and we're on challenge 10!

Before I tell you about today's challenge, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all who have entered into the spirit of this challenge blog and produced such lovely cards. You will all be streets ahead of others when we get towards Christmas 2011. I loved seeing all the different sentiments for challenge 9.

If you haven't yet started your Christmas cards, why not do so with today's challenge - you know it makes sense.

On to CHNC challenge 10 then - I'd like you to incorporate some embossing on to your card - this can be dry embossing using a lightbox or embossing plates or folders, or why not stamp and use some wet embossing - the choice is yours. You can even use something that is ready embossed if you want to.

This is a prize week -as it is the first Saturday in the month there will be a prize for the randomly selected winner - a Papermania snowflakes embossing folder and a Stampavie Rachelle Anne Miller clear Snowman stamp.

I've used one of these embossing folders and stamp on my card for this challenge (the winner will get unopened products, not the ones that I've used - lol!).

You can see more details of my card on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.

And it seems that great minds have thought alike again, as there is another Christmas challenge this week asking for embossing to be used - Bah! humbug challenge 9. Having prepared what my challenge 10 was going to be I was so surprised to see that Bah! humbug are doing the same this week. So I'm linking my card for that challenge - you could do the same with yours. It's good to support other challenge blogs that are helping us to make Christmas cards throughout the year. And today's Die cut dreams Christmas 56 is 'inspired by a song' - so this is for 'Frosty the snowman'. It's also being linked for Winter wonderland: snowflakes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 11 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

Remember, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week I'd like you to use some embossing.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 12 March.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.




24 comments:

  1. Hazel, I love this card. It is so pretty and the whimsical snowman is a cutey

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute snowman and fab card!!

    Hazel I hope you don't mind me linking up my card for JB's with yours a few days after it went live. when you read my post you will see why :) if it is a problem then just leave me out of the prize draw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the challenge Hazel - cute sample card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel
    Love your snowman card.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Cutie. Great card Hazel...
    Thank you for the Challenge.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me know Hazel, I've added the first of two cards!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments on my blog Hazel, and thanks for telling me about your challenge.
    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the nice comment Hazel, and for telling me about your challenge - if I can manage to keep up with 2 every week, should be laughing come December!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip Hazel, I hope to be back next week too. Your card is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Hazel, and many thanks for your comments on my blog. I have added my card to your challenge
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Hazel, Thanks for coming over with the nice comment and inviting me to join in your challenge. I'll be adding you to my side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just found your challenge blog. Looking forward to entering more of your challenges too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your challenge blog (from Jingle Belles link) and linked my card. Wonderful sample cards!!
    GREAT PRIZE!! :) Crossing my fingers!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is lovely. This is a wonderful prize pack.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for pointing me in the direction of your challenge,I love your card

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made it at last! Thank you for the challenge and the yummy prize, Miria xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for telling me about your challenge and for the lovely comment about my card. I have put your button on my sidebarb become a follower,linked the card and hope to enter future challenges.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Hazel for telling me about your card challenge and have done the bibs and bobs of following tabbing etc and linking so trust it all goes okay
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for letting me know about your blog challenge and for visiting my blog. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very happy to know this blog. Thank you very much for your invitation.Francy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your nice comment Hazel and for the invite to join in on the challenge!! I will be adding this challenge blog to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog Hazel and for inviting me to join your challenge. I have now added your blog to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Hazel! Thanks for popping in at my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I'd be delighted to enter my card into your challenge! I have now added your challenge blog to my list of favorites and will play along as often as time allows. Your card is simply adorable! That image is darling and it looks wonderful with the embossed snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Hazel, great challenge, love embossing. Your card is brilliant - love the image and the embossing. Managed to get my card in with time to spare this week! Lot's of submissions this week too - word must be getting round :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments