Saturday 15 September 2012

CHNC challenge 90: fun and games

What a lot of delighted cards for children last week - I so enjoyed looking at them - I hope I didn't miss anyone out in leaving comments (being away from home my Internet time has been limited).

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winner of challenge 89. Unfortunately, there could only be one winner and this is the result of using random.org:


Number 14: Dee
who shared this lovely card (this was Dee's third card out of five entries):


Congratulations, Dee! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to claim your $21 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps.

Challenge 90

For today's challenge I'm asking you to feature some fun and games on your Christmas card - it might be a snowball fight, building a snowman, skating, sledging ... or whatever you choose!

And for this week's challenge Digi Doodle Shop are once again generously giving a $10 gift certificate to the randomly-chosen winner.



DigiDoodle Shop is the results of a mother and daughter’s love for the arts and crafts.  It was started a little over 3 years ago with a little more than 100 stamps, and has since then grown to almost 500 stamps.  Joy (the mother of this team) designs realistic images, while Judy (aka/daughter) loves the “fun side of life”, and create images with a cartoon flair.  Having these two complimenting styles have enabled
Digi Doodle Shop to offer a wide variety of stamps.

It is a real honor and pleasure to sponsor this challenge, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing creations.  We thank the design team for their incredible creations, and wish all the participants the very best of luck in this challenge.

Thank you so much for having us, and again the very best of luck to all of you.
Sincerely,
Judy and Joy

Today I'm pleased to welcome Di as a Guest Designer.


Di writes:

'Thank you to Hazel for having me as a guest designer this week on one of my favourite challenges  - ain't it the way though, I made a pigs ear of two versions of my card.

Like so many crafters, I've tried many different crafts over the years but, whilst recovering from an accident almost 20 years ago, found myself wheelchair bound for about five months. And that's when I really discovered card making - it sure was an improvement on children's TV programmes :) Eventually I took over our dining room until I was lucky enough to project manage our house extension here and guess what was top priority. The bliss of having my own little 'pig sty'  (aka craft room) to play in is wonderful, and often I need to be physically hauled out and shown where the ironing board lives. The choice of crafting goodies since I began card making is absolutely huge and growing all the time so I don't think I've really settled to any one 'style' - always ready to try something new although you'll often find ribbons and sparkle on my cards.'


I'm really pleased to welcome Di, who is a regularly supporter of my challenges, and this is the lovely card she has made using a House Mouse image - you can read more about it on her blog here. Please visit and leave Di a comment.



For my first card I've used the Santa baby and sleigh digital stamp kindly supplied by Digi Doodle Shop. You can read more about it on My Crafty Outlook here.


and for my second card I've used the Santa baby and snow fun image supplied by Digi Doodle Shop - more info here.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please feature some fun and games - interpret this as you wish.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 21 September.  Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 22 September, when I'll be joined by another Guest Designer.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Please remember also to have a look at my CHNC page on facebook - if you do go there please join in by clicking 'like' so that I know that you've been there. During the week you'll find updates and hints of the next challenge - please feel free to chat there - I know that some of you do already - thank you.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great prompt and cards. I think I already which image to use, so I hope I'll be able to join the fun and games this week LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bugaboo digis! Thanks so much for picking my card.

    I sent you a email this morning. Let me know if you need anything else.

    Hugs,

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winner a truly and well deserved win too your card is so lovely, Di welcome to your GDT your a worthy crafter and your card is stunning and more fabulos cards Hazel and another brilliant challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for another great theme. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,

    I send a couple of emails about claiming the Bugaboo prize for the last challenge but haven't heard back.

    Just checking to see if you received them?

    Thanks,

    Dee
    http://donatecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments