Saturday 1 September 2012

CHNC challenge 88: Christmas bells

Understandably, at this time of the year, when families are enjoying the last of the summer holiday together, there were fewer entries than average for the last challenge, but there was definitely still the quality that is always shown by the talented crafters sharing their cards here. I love visiting your blogs and admiring your creativity. As we are now into September, perhaps it's time to get down to some serious Christmas card making ... hopefully, you'll join in challenge 88 which starts today.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 87. Unfortunately, there could only be two winners and these are the results of using random.org:

Number 2: Juliet A
who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Juliet! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so that I can arrange for you to receive your gift from Creative Treasurers.


who shared this lovely card:


And congratulations too, Cathy! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so that I can arrange for you to choose and receive your CD rom from  Ooh la la Creations .


Now we move on to today's challenge:

Challenge 88

For today's challenge I'd like to see bells on your Christmas card 

Robyn'sFetish Digital Stamps And More is proud to sponsor this challenge.


Robyn'sFetish  Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations, was created and is
owned by Robyn Weinrib.  Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital stamps and digital papers,                                                                                                      
designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting addicts for every  occasion. 

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is happy to award  the winner the choice of  5 digital
stamps.

This week I'm joined by Berit as a Guest Designer - I'm so pleased to welcome her.


Berit writes:

'I'm a girl from Norway, 43 years old. We have two "boys" 17 and 19 years.
I begin with scrapbooking 5 years ago, and start to make cards in 2009.
Love to sit down and create. And I like to participate in different challenges.
At the moment I am in five different Design Teams, and I enjoy working with differtent digis.
Thanks to Hazel for the chance to be a Guest Designer !'
Berit has made this gorgeous card using a digital image kindly supplied by Robyn's Fetish, our sponsor for this challenge, called 'a bell for Christmas' - you can read about it on her blog here - please visit and leave her a comment.


For my first card I've used Robyn's Fetish 'Christmas bell' - you can read about my card here on My Crafty Outlook.


For my second card I've used papers by Anna Griffin, cutting out part of an identical paper to decoupage the bells and holly. The glittery ribbons are adhesive ones that I've had for some time. You can read more about the card here.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please feature some bells. 

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 7 September.  Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 8 September when I'll be joined by another Guest Designer.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Please remember also to have a look at my CHNC page on facebook - if you do go there please join in by clicking 'like' so that I know that you've been there. Some more new people have joined in during the past week - if you haven't done so yet, it would be good to see you there. During the week you'll find updates and hints of the next challenge - please feel free to chat there - I know that some of you do already - thank you.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel I was so thrilled to find out I was one of the winner's of CH#87. I really enjoyed making the card and it was my first white on white card. I am off to email you.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations and what fabulous cards so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cards, and how lucky, one of my cards for today includes bells :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to the winners :)

    beautiful bell cards ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments