Saturday 26 November 2011

CHNC challenge 48: vintage and/or distressed

It's a bit scary that we're up to challenge 48 today. With only 52 weeks in the year, this really emphasises how little time there is now to get those Christmas cards done. . There weren't so many entries for last week's challenge, so perhaps you've all been so good and made most of your Christmas cards by now - or perhaps 'music' wasn't everyone's 'cuppa tea'! I very much enjoyed dipping into the blog entries and seeing all the amazing cards - such creativity and variety.

Challenge 48

So here we are at challenge 48 and for this I'm asking you to make a card with a vintage style and/or distressed. At this stage of the year the idea is to get those remaining Christmas cards done, so there's a bit of poetic licence with this challenge - please just give your card a vintage or distressed look - perhaps an image/picture that conjures up the thoughts of Christmas past.

This is my card - you can read more about it and see the challenges I've entered on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.

As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to make a card with a vintage theme - apart from that, anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 2 December. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 3 December - and, as this will be the first Saturday in the month, there will be a prize from a new sponsor for a randomly chosen winner.

And speaking of sponsorship I'm getting excited about next year - I have quite a few new sponsors lined up and some prize gifts as well.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.




4 comments:

  1. I made a Boo Boo please delete number 10 I pasted the wrong URL drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Wonderful Creations by DT! Great challenge.
    -Sony
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Hazel, great choice of image. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your card . Nice thinking thanks for sharing
    m2m

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments