Saturday 8 October 2011

CHNC challenge 41: house or home

Once again, it was lovely to see your cards for challenge 40 - so many lovely ideas - who says that cards for men are boring?! I love making them and it's obvious from the entries I enjoyed seeing that you enjoy making a variety of them too.

It's time to announce the winner of the prize for last week, randomly drawn - unfortunately, there can only be one winner and random.org has picked:

Number 37: Elizabeth

with this lovely card:


Please email me with your name and full address and I'll get the packs of core'dinations into the post.

So we are now getting well into October and less than three months until Christmas, so perhaps it's time to get making those Christmas cards if you haven't already started.

Challenge 41

This week I would like you to make a card that includes a picture of a house or home - it can be the outside or inside, it's up to you. The main reason for these challenges is to help you to gradually build up a stock of Christmas cards, so there is a bit of flexibility with the challenge theme for you to interpret as you wish - you might want to feature a window or rooftops or ... anything to do with house or home. I'm sure you will come up with something imaginative to fit the theme.

I've made five cards for this (I made them the other day so that they could be sold today for Tearfund) - you can see details of the supplies I've used and the challenges I've entered on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.

As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to include a house or home - apart from that, anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 14 October. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 15 October.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.




4 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous image and beautiful colouring enjoy your weekend
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm stunned! I didn't think for one minute the Mr Random would select my number but I'm chuffed that he did - I love embossing coredinations card. Great new challenge - I can think of a few interpretations for this one. Your cards are lovely - the snowy image is great and the background paper is fab. Will be emailing you with details soon. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE Elizabeth's card...excellent that she she was selected! Found you through LUFP, and love to make Christmas Cards!! I'll be joining your challenge one of these days soon!
    Hugs,
    Sharon F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, well, I really skidded in this week ... and this must be the fastest I've ever made a card ... took me longer to think about than to make it:) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments