Saturday 16 April 2011

CHNC challenge 16: sing song

Thank you to all who made cards 'going round in circles' - once again there was a great variety of all kinds of Christmas cards incorporating all sorts of circles - from small dots to big round shapes. It's good to see so many regularly entering the challenges and also lovely to see some new entries.

This week's Challenge 16 is to make a Christmas card inspired by a Christmas song or carol - I hope this gives plenty of scope.

My card is based on 'Away in a manger' using the Penny Black 'the manger' stamp coloured with copics - I kept the colours fairly subtle to tone with the My Mind's Eye papers from the Christmas Glitter book. These already have a distressed look, but I further distressed edges, first with spiced marmalade DI and then fired brick. The inner shape is a nestie, so I'm linking this for Jingle Belles challenge to use die cuts - their challenge this time is 'cross-pollinated' with Betty Bee's Buzzing honeybee challenge, so I'm linking there too.


As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to base your card on a Christmas song or carol - apart from that, anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 22 April. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 23 April.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.




6 comments:

  1. love the warm colours in your card hazel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hazel what a precious image and a beautiful card :)

    hope to play this week, was too busy last week :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel and another great challenge. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, this is a lovely card - really like the motif and the colors you've chosen. I hope to catch up on my Crafty Hazelnut challenges this week! Love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry hazel. I did my link wrong so number 14 is no good and I can't delete it, but 15 is fine. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got round to doing this one Hazel and it is on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments