Saturday 26 February 2011

CHNC challenge 9: let's get sentimental

First of all, a big thank you to all who entered into last week's challenge with so many wonderful interpretations of 'the white stuff'. It was great to welcome some new players as well as some who come back faithfully every week - some of you are building up a collection of Christmas cards that will ease the panic later in the year. If you're visiting here for the first time, why not join in and make a Christmas card every week - you know it makes sense!

Before I get to today's challenge, a little bit of news to share with you. Next week I will be giving a prize for a randomly drawn winner.

And there's more news - I have another sponsor Robyn's fetish digital stamps and more - they will be sponsoring my challenge that commences on 2 April with a great prize - more about that nearer the time, but meanwhile, why not pay them a visit and look at the their lovely digis - they have some great Christmas ones as well as others.

Back to this week - for challenge 9 I would like you to get sentimental - make sure your Christmas card has a sentiment on it, preferably making it a focal part of the card - or you may wish to use some papers that has sentiments on them.

Here is my card for this challenge (the white surround isn't part of the card - I had to scan rather than take a photo in poor light):

For details about it please visit my regular crafting blog 'My Crafty Outlook' here. I'm entering this into this week's challenge on Jingle Belles: Text Me (it looks as if great minds think alike this week!)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 4 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

Remember, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week I'd like you to 'get sentimental' - use a sentiment on your card, preferably making it a prominent part of the card.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 5 March.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.

I am celebrating with some candy on my regular crafting blog - you can read about it and sign up here



4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card, Hazel! Great work! I love that green paper you used around the sentiment.
    Thanks you announcing our sponsorship, too. We are very excited about it and can't wiat for April to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel this is one stunning card!! Love the challenge also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Hazel :-)
    I am saddened that I missed the deadline yestrerday by 14mins. Gremlins were at work and time was against me in every way. I did finally get my card blogged of which can be seen Here
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Hazel for adding my card .. you are a total star. Your time is precious enough without having to fiddle around getting my card added. I am indeed so very grateful and much appreciate your kindness in adding my card. Things have calmed down a bit with my dad, he has been very poorly, so this week I should make the challenge in plenty of time. I have orderd a new SDHC card reader so fingers crossed it will solve the problem I was having.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments