Saturday 3 December 2022

CHNC challenge 623

A sad announcement

Having run this Christmas challenge blog for twelve years, I've been thinking it's time for a break .... this isn't an easy or quick decision, but one that has been on my mind for some time and recent family situations and life in general has made me realise that this is the right decision. I've been through difficult times during those twelve years and have never missed a challenge. So the challenge on 31 December will be the last one.

I've been so grateful for all those who have been on the design team over the years, including, of course, the present ones - also for the many sponsors who were so generous. So many have shared their inspirational designs and so many wonderful crafters have entered the challenges to share theirs.

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful festive designs shared last week.

We look forward to seeing all of your lovely festive crafting this week - as we are now into December we need to get things done ready for Christmas.

Every CHNC challenge is 'anything goes as long as it's Christmas', which will, hopefully, encourage as many crafters as possible to join in with their festive creations. However, there will always be an optional theme, which this week is 'things with wings'. I want to stress that this is purely optional.

Challenge 623
anything goes as long as it's Christmas
optional theme: things with wings

Here are the designs from myself and the rest of my wonderful team - I am so grateful to them for sharing their lovely designs:  
 

Now it's over to you. You can use any materials, any techniques - it's anything goes as long as it's Christmas, with the optional theme of 'things with wings',

We look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your creation can be found) by 20:00 UK time Friday 9 December 2022. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 10 December 2022 at 09:00 UK time.

Please add your link to linky tools. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.


9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this challenge is closing, I had only recently discovered this blog. I wish you all the best Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho Hazel, I will miss you... take care XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're closing but I totally understand. I have enjoyed your challenges and hope to see you around blogland and facebook. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel: I'm so sorry to read that you've decided to end the blog. I've enjoyed the many times during the past 1-2 years that I've been creating Christmas cards for a couple of DTs to be linking to CHNC's anything Christmas. Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear the challenge is ending, but you must do what is right for you! Thank you for all of the wonderful inspiration over the years!!!! You are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, you will be missed! Thank you for the last 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O that is such sad news Hazel. I really enjoyed participating in your challenge. But I understand your decision. Wish you all the best, hugs Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to read your announcement, I will miss your challenges but you must, of course, do what is best for YOU and I wish you well

    Merry Christmas

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a pitty you'll stop and I'll miss you're challenges 😪

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments