Saturday 24 November 2018

CHNC challenge 413


Thank you for all lovely entries for last week's challenge - 181 wonderful entriesl - fantastic response. We crafters are at the stage in the year when we need to get down to seriously getting Christmas cards done. We're looking forward to seeing your festive designs this week.

I didn't say anything on here last Saturday, but my dear husband died in hospital on 11 November. I'm trying to get done the things that need to be done, but not sure whether I'll be able to make enough Christmas cards to be sent this year. I've got some commissions that I need to get on with (although people aren't pressing me at all), not all of them Christmas. At the moment, I'm just getting through each day.

Before I tell you about this week's challenge, I need to let you know the winner of challenge 412:

Please note that my email to send to is craftyhazelnut@gmail.com




Number 7: Mari, with this lovely card:



Congratulations, .Mari. Please email me at craftyhazelnut@gmail.com with your full name and address so I can post your Leonie Pujol ebossing folders.

Please note that winner needs to claim the prize by 8 December (2 weeks)

Every CHNC challenge is 'anything goes as long as it's Christmas', which will, hopefully, encourage as many crafters as possible to join in with their festive creations. However, there will always be an optional theme, which this week is 'make your own background'. I want to stress that this is purely optional.

Challenge 413:

anything goes as long as it's Christmas
optional theme: make your own background

Every week a prize is given to a randomly chosen winner - this is the prize Myrna has kindly donated for this challenge:


Newton's nook designs
photopolymer stamps 

and

My Favourite Things
Straight to the point
Just delightful clear stamps

Here are the designs from myself and the rest of my wonderful team - I am so grateful to them for sharing their lovely designs:

Cass

Claudia
I used Distressed oxide for the background and several stamps


Randomly stamped an Inkadinkadoo inked with versamark
and heat embossed with detail silver




Suze
The background has been created using Distress Oxides

Now it's over to you. You can use any materials, any techniques - it's anything goes as long as it's Christmas, with the optional 'make your own background'.

We look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your creation can be found) by 20:00 UK time Friday 30 November 2018. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 1 December 2018 at 09:00 UK time.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' if you haven't done so already and encourage your friends to do the same.


I also run a challenge blog called Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - anything goes as long as you use some patterned paper - with a randomly chosen prize winner every month. Please click on the link to find out more. If you have used patterned paper for your Christmas creation (if you haven't followed the optional theme this week, of course), please enter it there too. And please be aware that the Patterned Paper Challenge is not restricted to Christmas - it is for any occasions as long as some patterned paper has been used.

Thank you for your support
We look forward to seeing your entries


38 comments:

  1. I read of your sad news on facebook, Hazel, and hope you are doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances. It's a terrible loss and I wish you well with coming to terms with John's passing though it's not something you can just "get over" - all the very best to you

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hazel, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! You are in my thoughts.
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear such very sad news. Make sure you take some time for yourself. Other people will understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS please don't enter me into the draw. Just playing for fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your husband. Sending blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Hazel, so sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you and sending extra big HUGZ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Hazel for your sad loss, you are in my prayers sweetheart. All I can say he is out of pain now & with the Lord.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Thinking of you honey. Just take each day as it comes and remember we are all here for you. You take care of yourself, nothing else matters. Another great challenge hun. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel you are so brave keeping going like this. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, I cannot even imagine what you are feeling right now. Please be gentle with yourself, doing what you need to do to make it through such a difficult time. And know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, prayers and thoughts for you , sorry to hear such sad news xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry Hazel to hear about your dear husband. My heart aches for you. You are in my prayers. Big hugs and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so very sorry for your loss, Hazel. You are in my prayers.
    Certainly, there are no words to comfort you, but just know, you
    will get through this with time. Hugs to you, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hazel I was so sorry to read your sad news. I'm sure you will take comfort in love you had together and draw strewing from Freinds and family around you. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know I've already said this on Facebook but some things can't be said too often, I'm very, very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Condolences. Thinking of you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel, My prayers are with you, my friend, in this time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sweet Hazel - I am so sadden to read about the passing of your wonderful husband John - thank you Melissa for letting me know - Praying for you during this journey - and there is no limit on mourning - may God give you all you need - friends, the help, etc. during this time in your life. Blessings to you. Gail from the USA

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear about your husband, Hazel. Sending loving hugs. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Hazel, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I knew he was in the hospital some time back and have been wondering if he was improving. I hope that you give yourself permission to take time to grieve and not worry about your Christmas cards. Family and friends will surely understand. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, what can I say other than I am thinking of you at what is a difficult time. My hugs come from far away, but they are just as real as if I were standing next to you in your kitchen, I hope they lighten your load :-) I Hope too that each day is a little easier than the last for you Hazel. It is what it is, I know, something we have to "deal with".. soon the sadness in your heart will soften to sweet memories. Keeping busy is such a good idea, and "no pressure" crafting is just ideal so keep popping on to your blogs and we'll keep popping in on you :-) Love Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Hazel, I just read this and I am so sorry for not seeing this sooner. It must have been hell especially that he died on Remembrance Day. No matter the age, you lost your best friend and it will be a difficult time because you shared years together. I hope, in time, you will see how lucky you were to have someone in your life for so long when so many people are getting divorced. You were lucky to find your mate. I bet he is with you and that you sense his presence. My thoughts are with you especially as we get closer to Christmas. I am certain your friends and family will understand if you can't get Christmas cards out. i am thinking of you and know the angels are looking over you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, Hazel, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband! I know he has been sick for quite a while, but that doesn't make it any easier. My God grant you peace and comfort in the hard days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry to hear about your loss Hazel.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hazel, Heartfelt sympathy, love and prayers headed your way. Hugs, DebiB

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Hazel, I am so, so sorry for the loss of your dear husband John. Please take the time you need to grieve, and don't worry about other things. I'm thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am really sorry to hear about your loss Hazel, and I hope that you can find comfort with friends and family at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So very sorry for your loss, Hazel. Much love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am SO sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. Sending thoughts and prayers to you~
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  33. So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your husband Hazel and think you are very brave to try to continue with things as normal but just remember to save some time for yourself too. By the way I am just playing for fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  34. so sad to readabout your husband!
    hope you have a lot of friends and kind family around you !
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  35. So sorry to hear about your husband-my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just reading this right now and am so sorry to hear of your dear husband's passing. May you find comfort and peace during this most difficult time. Sending my hugs and prayers.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments