Saturday 30 November 2013

CHNC challenge 153: light it up


What a wonderful week of super creations that any child would be happy to receive. Thank you so much for all the super entries. We really are getting near to the Big Day now and that means that we need to get serious about getting those cards done if we haven't done so already. I need to count mine and go through my list.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 152. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

Please note that I publish the prize winners here and on our facebook page, but don't notify winners individually - it is up to you all to check to see if you have won and email me as requested.

The first winner:

Number 98: Bunny, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Bunny. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so that I can arrange for you to received your choice of two sheets from Linnie's Whoopsi Daisy shop.

The second winner:

Number 58: Crafty bits n bobs (Charlotte), who shared this lovely card:



Congratulations,.Charlotte Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your prize package from Tando Creative.

The third winner:


Number 44: Kevin, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Kevin. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 voucher for Paper Creator.

Now on to:
Challenge 153

For today's challenge please make any Christmas cards that show the theme 'light it up' - perhaps candles, lamps, stars,  Christmas tree lights  ... however you want to interpret the theme

The first sponsor is Craftybren's Embroidered Embellishments (although Bren has been a keen supporter of my challenges and has often entered them):


'Hi my name is Bren, I have been crafting since the year dot. I like to have a few different things on the go at once, knitting, sewing, paper crafting etc, just so I can swap and change around a bit.
I made a few cards with my machine embroidery on, and was asked if I made embroidery to sell, that is how Craftybrens was born. Hope you like what you see.'

The randomly chosen winner will receive £20 of goods from Craftybren's Embroidered Embellishments - please note that if the winner lives outside the UK he/she will be expected to pay for the P & P.

The second sponsor is Crafts 4 eternity:
who is offering 3 digital stamps (winner's choice) from the Crafts 4 eternity collection.

The third sponsor is Cedar Chest Designs:

Digital Supplies for the Craft World
'Cedar Chest Designs offers quality products, bulk discounts, instant downloads and teacher benefits on digital stamps, digital scrpabooking images and a variety of other digital craft supplies from over a dozen unique artists.'

Winners will receive a free $10.00 Gift Certificate to purchase anything they would like from the online store.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

I am pleased that Crafty Bren (our first sponsor) has joined me as a Guest Designer. What a beautiful 5" x 5" padded card Brenda has made - you can read more about this on Bren's blog here - please visit and leave her a comment:


This is my card using the Cedar Chest Designs lamppost digi that they kindly provided, stamping alongside it with the Penny Black 'caroling penguins', colouring with copics. There is more info about this card on My Crafty Outlook here:


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week I'm asking you to make a card that fits the theme 'light it up', however you wish to interpret that,.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 6 December. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish - I think we all need to increase our stock at this time of the year - and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 7 December when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you. Also it would be great if you would consider becoming a follower - lovely to welcome recent new followers and 'likers' on facebook.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' - there are now 240 'likes' - it would be great if we could increase this before the end of the year. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month -  the link for CHNC challenge extra for December is here.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments