Saturday 21 January 2012

CHNC challenge 56: have a heart

Thank you so much for all the fabulous entries for last week's challenge - so many of you getting started with those Christmas cards - you know it makes sense!

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winner of challenge 55. Unfortunately, there could only be one winner and this is the result of using random.org:

Number 3:  Meg
who shared this beautiful card:

Congratulations, Meg! Please email me - hazelharris@ntlworld.com - so I can arrange for you to claim your prize.


Challenge 56

For challenge 56 I'm asking you to 'have a heart' - feature a heart on your Christmas card - it can be part of the image, a brad, a sticker ... any kind of heart.

And for this week's challenge Digi Doodle Shop are generously giving a $10 gift certificate to the randomly-chosen winner.




DigiDoodle Shop is the results of a mother and daughter’s love for the arts and crafts.  It was started a little over 3 years ago with a little more than 100 stamps, and has since then grown to almost 500 stamps.  Joy (the mother of this team) designs realistic images, while Judy (aka/daughter) loves the “fun side of life”, and create images with a cartoon flair.  Having these two complimenting styles have enabled
Digi Doodle Shop to offer a wide variety of stamps.

It is a real honor and pleasure to sponsor this challenge, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing creations.  We thank the design team for their incredible creations, and wish all the participants the very best of luck in this challenge.

Thank you so much for having us, and again the very best of luck to all of you.
Sincerely,
Judy and Joy


For my card I've used the digital image 'Christmas heart' which was kindly given to me by Digi Doodle Shop, just one of the Christmas images that they stock.I've kept to a simple design, printing out the digital image quite big - I coloured with promarkers and added the text in the circle using Christmas is love by tlc creations. Papers are K & Co Secret Santa.I then added the epoxy hearts in the corners. You can see the card on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here and see the other challenges I entered with it.







Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week include a heart.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 27 January. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 28 January.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great challenge this week, not very often I get to put hearts on my Christmas cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hazel, you are card maker extraodinairre! I didn't realize you could use digi images on cards....see I have learnt my first new thing!
    Lovely to meet you through the card club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I did not read the text as well for first time - but now I made the card by rules and put it into the same post do not add one more link here. I have not an idea how to remove the old link and I used it one more for new card also. Is this OK? Please, let me know. I hope I did not make a mistake again) Your challenge blog is so cute and I would like to try my work here too and get more good experience and nice comments from the members. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel. Thanks for your visit and lovely comments on Wednesday, unfortunately we lost our internet so I couldn't link in time. I will have a go at another challenge though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments