Saturday 10 September 2011

CHNC challenge 37: swirls

Before I tell you about today's challenge, I want to thank everyone for their fab entries for last week's 'no sentiment' challenge - your cards just get better and better - I so enjoy visiting your blogs and seeing your creativity. It's time to announce the winner of the prize for last week, randomly drawn - unfortunately, there can only be one winner and random.org has picked:
Number 24: Jo

with this lovely card:

Please email me and I'll arrange for you to choose your digis from our generous sponsor, Di's Digi Downloads.

I know that some of you are building up a nice stock of cards (I had a count up and found that I've made 149 so far). So here's another challenge to get you on the road to one or more for your collection. There are lots of you who have been making Christmas cards for weeks (even months), but I suspect there are some of you reading this who have yet to start them - why not begin with this challenge?
Challenge 37

This week I would like you to make a card with swirls - your swirls can be very dominant on your card or perhaps you would rather have just a small swirl somewhere - the choice is yours.

For my card I stamped randomly with a Dawn Bibby Personal Impressions stamp inked with versamark and heat embossed with red metallic powder.

The central nestie shape was cut from a piece of card rescued from a Christmas cracker a couple of years ago, topped with the stamped image 'jolly Santa' by Hero Arts with just his face and hat coloured with copics. You can read more about the card and the challenges I'm entering with it on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.

(Sorry about the quality of the photo - I really should get my card made in daylight - will replace if I can get a better shot.)


As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to use at least one swirl - apart from that, anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 16 September. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 17 September.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.




7 comments:

  1. Love your card. Hope I'll be able to play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee I won, am off to email you, thank you.

    I love your card Hazel, it looks fab.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that Jo won, her card is gorgeous. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The follower button isn't available right now, as soon as it comes back I'll become a follower. I'll add your link to my side bar. Thanks for a wonderful challenge. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great challenge Hazel, love your card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful, swirly card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is darling, Hazel! So glad I could play along this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments