Saturday 20 August 2011

CHNC challenge 34: Christmas birthday or 'anything goes'

Thank you for all the entries for last week's challenge - seeing all the fantastic creations is proof that sometimes more really is less! Lovely to see some new folk beginning their Christmas cards as well as others who are now building up quite a stock.

Challenge 34

Today is a bit different. It happens to be my birthday today, so when I was thinking what to do for this week's challenge I thought it might be nice to make a card for a Christmas birthday. We have lots of family birthdays around Christmas time, so a lot of 'special' cards to make in addition to Christmas ones.

So my challenge to you today is to make a card for a Christmas time birthday, but if, by any chance, you don't have any birthdays to make cards for around the festive time, then please feel free to make any Christmas card instead - anything goes!

It really is an easy-peasy week (well, I'm in a generous mood because it's my birthday!).

Here is my card. You can read more about this and see the challenges that I've linked for on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.


I've now added a Christmas card as well - you can see more about it here:

And another Christmas card - details on my regular crafting blog here:


As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is either a Christmas birthday card or any Christmas card - anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 26 August. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards and/or make some of those festive birthday cards in good time) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 27 August.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.




16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Hazel - hope you have a lovely celebratory day ... and if you are like me the celebrations will go on all week. Your card is very pretty. I have a New Year's day birthday so may design something for that ... I'm thinking about it :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hazel. Enjoy your day.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Hazel. Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey wow, I love your card. It also inspired me for another sort of card! Super!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birhday Hazel, Have a wonderful day and a year filled with lots of happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've had a great day Hazel. Love your card and the challenge. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just entered a Christmas card, but will be back 'cos we have 6 birthdays in December...ha!
    Love your inspiration....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Hazel :)

    you stumped me last week with the "only one layer" lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Fun challenge! Just entered, #28, but spelled my own name wrong...it's Valarie...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a lovely birthday and thanks for another great challenge!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely theme for this week, Hazel. I have several family members and friends with Christmas season birthdays, this will be fun.

    I hope that you had a wonderful and happy birthday yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday, Hazel! Great idea for the challenge! I've chosen the Anything Goes - theme, cause there's nobody in my family who's birthday is around Christmas ;)
    Hugs Michi

    ReplyDelete
  13. ***Happy Birthday***Fantastic challenge thank you. Great inspiration too. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, skidding in again but made it in time again. I could be wrong, but is looks like you're had a record number of entries this week. Really like your blue card ... that sentiment is lovely. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first card is so gorgeous! I like the design and colors! Can't wait to make one for my daughter. Anyways, can I include that card in my collection of printing samples?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments