Saturday 23 April 2011

CHNC challenge 17: a touch of Easter for Christmas

This year is going so fast - it doesn't seem possible that we're already in the midst of the Easter weekend, especially as Easter is late this year, so this means that we are on challenge 17 today - where have the last 16 weeks gone?

Anyway, before we get to today's challenge I just want to thank all those who entered challenge 16 - I had great fun, not only seeing all the cards, but also singing along with the songs. There are so many of you who are regularly supporting these challenges - thank you so much - and it's also good to still see new crafters joining in. It's never too early (or too late) to start building up a stock of Christmas cards, so, if you haven't started yet, why not start with today's challenge? Meanwhile, best wishes to everyone for a Happy Easter.

So for challenge 17 I'd like you to bring a touch of Easter into your Christmas crafting. Yellow is a colour we associate with Easter and, of course, it's a time of year when eggs feature (oh yum, I know that I'm getting a Hotel Chocolat dark choc egg) and, of course, eggs are oval in shape. So I'd like you to use either the colour yellow - little or a lot (you can use other colours as well, as long as yellow is visible) and/or an oval shape on your card.

I'm not too sure about my card, but, hey ho, 'tis done now. Details, including links to other challenges, on my regular crafting blog 'My Crafty Outlook' here.



As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to use yellow and/or an oval - apart from that, anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 29 April. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 30 April.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.




8 comments:

  1. Love your card Hazel, I must admit to thinking the challenge was a tad strange but it works beautifully!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a challenge but think I conquered it. Your card really does work Hazel. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Hazel your card is beautiful and i LOVE how you made the image!! off to your blog to read how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the challenge theme Hazel. More so, I think your card is very beautiful.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 1st card was pretty, but boy when you had your 2nd think you really out did yourself--a beauty.Love your site, keep up the good work Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel - fab challenge. The oval on my card is the greeting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, you had me scratching my head for ideas for this challenge but I got there - in the end. And after my holiday, being too late with last week's card, and the royal wedding, I think I did okay to submit it just in time :)Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments on my card.......I have added the waffle about the card now. Hopefully next week will not be as late (but with anothe Bank Holiday who can tell)
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments