Saturday 22 January 2011

CHNC challenge 4: let's see some bling

Challenge 4: let's see some bling

Thank you for the lovely 20 entries for challenge 3 - so many different styles and kinds of trees, thank you for sharing them.

I think NiMu's card deserves a special mention - she is only four year's old and this is what she created:


Remember that New Year's resolution to make Christmas cards throughout the year - please don't put that Christmas stash away, but keep using it week by week to build up a good collection of Christmas cards so that there isn't a panic later in the year - you know it makes sense.

This week for challenge 4 I'd like to see some bling - anything that glitters or shines - glitter glue, holographic, foiling, gems/rhinestones - use a little or a lot, it's up to you.

Here is my card for this challenge. Although I started this Christmas challenge blog, I still like to support other Christmas challenges in blogland as much as I can, so this card was based on the sketch given for Sparkle Christmas card challenge 7. You can see further details about the card if you visit My Crafty Outlook (my regular blog) here.




I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 28 January. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

Remember, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week show some bling!

And you can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 29 January. If by any chance Linky disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.







This linky list is now closed.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Hazel:
    Thanks for special mention NiMu's card.
    She is so happy for your encouragement.:)
    hugs~NiMu's mommy-darling Ho~

    ReplyDelete
  2. how precious is that card by NiMu!!! Your card is beautiful Hazel and now I am off to find my "bling" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops I've missed a few Hazel. Love a bit of bling, will do my best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel I have finally got round to putting my entries to your challenges on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the gold embossing on your card and congrats on getting a sponsor too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how wonderful -- and I do have lots of Christmas cards to make!!!

    Your card is beautiful, and all the contributors have done great!

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NiMu's card is so beautiful :-)
    Am so enjoying all the entries. Am loving the new Nestie Hazel and the RS image is so elegant.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, sorry I don't know if it's Mr Linky or me but I can't get my card to link. Please can you add it for me? You can see it here Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel, scraping in by the skin of my teeth again. The linky went blinky for a while there but got it uploaded in the end. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments